CUSTOMER MESSAGING FOR POOL MAINTENANCE SERVICES
According to the CDC, COVID-19 cannot survive in properly treated pool and hot tub water. In addition, the World Health Organization states that controlling water quality is necessary to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases.
- With states and localities closing down public aquatic facilities to patrons, it is imperative they are still maintained during closure to the public.
- Use the Maintaining Public Aquatic Facilities flyer to educate facility operators, government agencies and others as to why it is critical to keep their facility maintained during closure.
- Download customizable flyers that you can share with your customers. Make sure to add your company logo and contact information!
During this crisis, it is important that pools and hot tubs be properly maintained because:
- The maintenance of properly sanitized swimming pools and other artificial bodies of water is necessary to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases and help maintain community health.
- Without proper pool maintenance (which includes circulation and treatment of water) various pathogens can grow, such as Pseudomonas, Cryptosporidium, E. Coli, Shigella, etc. It can also create a breeding ground for mosquitoes, other pests and the diseases they may carry. This presents a risk not only to bathers but to the entire community at large.
- As children and families across the country are being asked to reduce outside contact or even shelter at home, and gyms and other public facilities are closing, the backyard pool provides the ideal way for families to focus on their health and well-being. These pools should be properly maintained by a service professional to ensure proper sanitation measures are taking place.
- Pool maintenance should be performed by an industry professional. Find one in your area.
- If you are attempting to treat your own pool, necessary chemicals can be and should be purchased. Please be sure to read the entire label and follow all manufacturer instructions when applying and storing chemicals. Additionally, wear gloves and goggles and store chemicals and material in a safe, secure place.
- Many of the chemicals retailers sell can also be used for surface disinfection, drinking water treatment, and more. Be sure to ask them!
- Retailers are making accommodations to service customers like curbside pick-up, ship-to-home, in home appointments and the like.
PHTA Leaders Talk Pool Industry COVID-19 Resources in Latest Industry Podcasts
Pool Chasers Podcast: